Thursday, February 2, 2012

Change Your Thoughts

Hey Y'all.  I hope everyone has had a wonderful week.  I know I have not been on in awhile.  But I am going to try to do better.  So many things have been going on which has kept me a little stressed.  But that's just how life is.  Last Saturday, I did get my vehicle back from the shop.  Boy it is so nice to be driving my own vehicle again.  I had been driving my husbands truck, but he was getting ready to go back to work and was going to need his truck.  It all worked out just perfect in its own little way.

Rick has gone back to work so I will be getting into a new routine.  Should not be too hard, just an adjustment period.  I don't know, I guess this week I have been a little out of sorts, because of this change in my routine.  But this is a good thing, changes are good, we just have to learn to deal with them the right way.

This sign is so true, we just need to remember it and try to stay focused on our goal.  We can change the way we have done things in the past and make new paths for us to travel. 

Oh yea the Weight Watchers Muffins I made last weekend.  The pumpkin, well I was not a huge fan, I took them to work and my co-worker Susan loved them.  I also made Chocolate/Diet Cream Soda cupcakes.  Oh My Goodness, they were fabulous.  I put them in an airtight container to keep them fresh.  They are perfect for a small desert after dinner.  Yes sometimes I ate two if my calorie intake was available.  Great Chocolate fix for me. 

I love to read, and Inspirational Items really help me along my way.  While I sorting through some old storage bins of mine, I found this little inspirational book that someone once gave to me.  These poems are so good I am going to share with y'all one at a time.  There maybe someone out there that needs the message.  This first one really hit me like a ton of bricks.  I know I should start my day earlier than I do.  Enjoy.
Rising Early
If you don't get up early,
As many folks do,
You miss a special beauty
That is Waiting for you.

There's a colorful sunrise
And the early bird's song.
The world is so peaceful
When nothing yet has gone wrong.

In this peace and quiet
It would be nice to stay,
To avoid all the turmoil
That fills every day.
---------------
Olive B. Elvin


While standing in the  checkout line at the grocery store, I picked up a Woman's World magazine for January 2012.  It has allot of good helpful information and I would like to share a few with you.  This little information might be just what we need for today. 

Tip to Add more JOY to your day! 

SMILE more with Music!

A recent study reveals that listening to your favorite songs increases optimism and joy while squashing negativity and sadness.  That's because hearing tunes you love triggers the release of feel-good endorphins in the brain.!


Well I must sign off here,  Remember, Have Faith, Believe and never give up Hope.  Get up, and Get Moving.

 
Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see!

Good night my dear friends,

Lovey (Gina) Howell

2 Comments:

At February 7, 2012 at 6:17 AM , Blogger nrhymes said...

I'm glad you liked the soda cake. I haven't tried it yet but I'm going to make some cupcakes with strawberry and diet 7 up sprinkled with some powdered sugar. I hope they turn out good! You are very positive and inspiring Gina! I enjoy reading your posts!

 
At February 9, 2012 at 7:45 PM , Blogger Lovey Howell said...

I am enjoying reading your blog as well. I look forward everyday to see how you are doing. I am going to have to try the Strawberry Cupcakes this weekend. I love Strawbery cake, so making them with diet 7 up sounds so good.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home